Monday, March 10, 2008

Hill and Oba : Call me Unstoppable....

“She’s tough,” Christopher Doherty, Scranton’s mayor, said in an interview. “That’s a real Scranton trait. That’s an anthracite trait.”her character and especially her perseverance.
He added: “People here, we don’t live by home runs, we live by singles. And we take it day to day. We watch our pocketbook. We care about small-town things.” He said people know each other going back three generations; Mr. Corbett said they are bound by “tribalism.”


Writer(s):Cahn/Van Heusen


Call me irresponsible - call me unreliable
Throw in undependable too
Do my foolish alibis bore you
Well I'm not too clever - I just adore you

Call me unpredictable - tell me I'm impractical
Rainbows I'm inclined to pursue
Call me irresponsible - yes I'm unreliable
But it's undeniably true - I'm irresponsibly mad for you

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Hillary and Bill Clinton are again teaming up on Barack Obama -- this time saying the first-term U.S. lawmaker, whom they have derided as inexperienced, would be a strong running mate on a Democratic presidential ticket headed by the former first lady.
"It may be the first time in history that the person who is running number two would offer the person running number one the number two position," Daschle told "Meet the Press."
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/washington/politics-usa-politics-democrats.html

meaning of anthracite:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthracite

No comments: