Sunday, March 2, 2008

SNL: Hillary on The Run- Away



The Rhino Rimes and Rhymes......

“I also worried that the armor I had acquired might distance me from my true emotions, that I might turn into the brittle caricature some critics accused me of being. I had to be open to my feelings so that I could act on them and determine what was right for me, no matter what anyone else thought or said. It’s hard enough to maintain one’s sense of self in the public eye, but it was twice as difficult now. I constantly examined myself for traces of denial or hardening of emotional arteries.” Hillary

El Sueno de la Razon Produce Monstruos, d'apres Goya

The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters:
Plate 43 of The Caprices (Los Caprichos), 1799
Francisco de Goya y Lucientes
(Spanish, 1746–1828)
Etching, aquatint, drypoint, and burin;
Image:
8 7/16 x 5 7/8 in. (21.5 x 15 cm)


In the etching that might have served as the frontispiece to his suite of satires, Los Caprichos, Goya imagined himself asleep amid his drawing tools, his reason dulled by sleep and bedeviled by creatures that prowl in the dark. The artist's nightmare reflected his view of Spanish society, which he portrayed as demented, corrupt, and ripe for ridicule.


No comments: