Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hillary & Obama:"That’s why I’m here.”


“I have a lot of baggage, and everybody has rummaged through it for years,” Mrs. Clinton said, drawing laughter.
“So the problem that we have in our politics, which is fairly typical, is that you take one person’s statement, if it’s not properly phrased, and you just beat it to death,” he said.” And that’s what Senator Clinton’s been doing over the last four days.”“She has gone through this,” he said. “You know, I recall when back in 1992, when she made a statement about how, ‘what do you expect, should I be at home baking cookies?’ And people attacked her for being elitist and this and that. And I remember watching that on TV and saying, well, that’s not who she is; that’s not what she believes; that’s not what she meant. And I’m sure that that’s how she felt as well.”But Mrs. Clinton tersely rejected Mr. Obama’s explanation. “I can see why people would be taken aback and offended by the remarks,” Mrs. Clinton said, adding, “It wasn’t just me responding to them, it was people who heard them, people who felt as though they were aimed at their values, their quality of life, the decisions that they have made.”

No comments: