Sunday, May 4, 2008

Linda Nazareth: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano

Q. So what happens when an individual goes for an extended period of time without leisure?

A. You tell me. Have you ever been burned out, depressed or overwhelmed, had stress manifest physically? Mind and body connect you know. And then think of the effect on not only you but how Leisure has many different definitions — some involving time, some relating to an activity being done, some relating to state of mind. Personally, I am most at leisure when I feel free, present and integrated.
I like this definition for myself because it allows me to experience leisure at any moment, even in just a few minutes.
Leisure can happen when we are in various states: artistic or creative, physical, intellectual, social, spiritual, learning new things, volunteering, active, passive, or as a spectator or participant. One can be emotionally connected and engaged or not. And we can even have leisure at work and be more productive, healthy and creative.it affects others.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/05/business/smallbusiness/05shift.html?pagewanted=1
http://leisureeconomy.com/index.php/about/

No comments: