Thursday, May 29, 2008

Murdoch : Between a Rock Star and McCain



If I were a carpenter and you were a lady
Would you marry me anyway?
Would you have my baby?

If I worked my hands in wood I wonder would you still love me?
I say yes, I would, I'll put you above me
That's what I want you to say

And would you save my love from loneliness,
Would you save my love from sorrow,
if you would
I give you my onlyness, girl and all of my tomorrows
If a tinker were my trade, would you still find me?
Carrying the pots and the pans that I made,
Walking along the highway
That long lonely highway

If I was a carpenter, and you were a lady
And I was just a carpenter,
Instead of a rock and roll star
Just a carpenter A carpenter
A carpenter
If I Were A Carpenter Lyrics

[Written by Tim Hardin]

Murdoch on John McCain: "McCain is a friend of mine. He's a patriot.
But he's unpredicatble. Doesn't seem to know much about the economy.
He has been in Congress a long time, and you have to make a lot of
compromises. So what's he really stand for?... I think he has a lot of
problems."

Murdoch on Obama: "He is a rock star. It's fantastic." "I love what
he is saying about education. " "He will win...the election". "I am
anxious to meet him." "I want to see if he will walk the walk."

No comments: