Saturday, June 14, 2008

Moynihan:"What they know, you can learn. What you know, they can never learn."

sculpture by marguerita- collection of Charles Benenson
first published by Herb Lubalin in U&lc. in March 1977

He told me he remembered feeling the same way when he went to work for Senator Moynihan and was surrounded by Ivy League graduates. Then, he offered the same advice that Senator Moynihan had shared with him: "What they know, you can learn. What you know, they can never learn." I carried that in my back pocket each step of the way from there. Although I hadn't ful
ly appreciated it, Tim had become a superb role model.Memories with Tim and of Tim will always set a great example for me. I'm very fortunate and deeply grateful to have had the experiences together we did. But today I feel jolted and numb with grief, already missing him more than I could have imagined. That legacy is the mark of a selfless person and leader.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-sims/tim-russert-a-different-t_b_107121.html

No comments: