Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sarah Palin: Ochi Chornye (Black Eyes) The Animal Farm Revisited



WASILLA, Alaska — Gov. Sarah Palin lives by the maxim that all politics is local, not to mention personal.

So when there was a vacancy at the top of the State Division of Agriculture, she appointed a high school classmate, Franci Havemeister, to the $95,000-a-year directorship. A former real estate agent, Ms. Havemeister cited her childhood love of cows as one of her qualifications for running the roughly $2 million agency. from the New York Times

Ochi Chornye

English

Dark eyes, passionate eyes

Burning and splendid eyes

How I love you, how I fear you

Verily, I espied you in an ill-starred moment

Oh, not for nothing are you darker than the deep!

I see mourning for my soul in you,

I see a triumphant flame in you:

A poor heart immolated in it.

But I am not sad, I am not sorrowful,

My fate is soothing to me:

All that is best in life, God gave us.

In sacrifice I returned to the fiery eyes!

Russian

Очи черные, очи страстные

Очи жгучие и прекрасные

Как люблю я вас, как боюсь я вас

Знать, увидел вас я в недобрый час

Ох, недаром вы глубины темней!

Вижу траур в вас по душе моей,

Вижу пламя в вас я победное:

Сожжено на нем сердце бедное.

Но не грустен я, не печален я,

Утешительна мне судьба моя:

Всё, что лучшего в жизни бог дал нам,

В жертву отдал я огневым глазам!







No comments: