Friday, February 12, 2010

Susan Gutfreund ,Alexander McQueen : An Answer to MY SONS and Co

drawing by marguerita


Shocked by the death of Alexander McQueen, I ran parallels .His vision,which is similar to only few on this planet, can be only a direct and frank answer to the status quo.Here I share his vision.Yes,as an artist and individual on my own, I dare to continue my battle.I am called very strange names,by some,I am told by so many to shut up, that I talk too much.....

The man a young man, Alexander McQueen, so formidable and pure,a wonderful visionary,an artist who reached the pinnacle of all one dreams of , only to discard it all,to which I am sorry for his act.He succumbed.

Mc Queen demonstrated in very clear terms, that living in an atmosphere beyond Dante's imagination,one needs an incredible faith and hope to see that or we stop the mendacity or we are in fact into a real descent into the Dark,which even Nature herself with the earthquakes,snow,tsunami does not stop to cry out loud..

Susan Gutfreund on the other hand,can symbolize and express honest feelings,when she talks about " I accepted it, I’m a hausfrau. I think that’s why I feel that I’m good at what I do with my decorating. I care about running houses. I think there’s nothing better than being a housewife. I love my house. I love entertaining. I lovethe kitchen. I love to put flowers. I love the details of a house."

I stand here about to be homeless,destitute, like a character of Beckett, in Waiting for Godot, I am told that I
should accept a" combo"?? ne,being the only one from two large families turned into ashes in the Holocaust.Yes, I know about Death.And I saw Death.Therefore my art is emotional, fearless and true.Oh yes, I speak from the heart, yes like Saint Valentine,oho.oh..not fancy hearts,as much as I wear my heart on my skin..Death is the final frontier,which man through time seems to disregard or treat with great disrespect.Memento Mori, is a thought by the Latins to remind oneself about the marvels of being alive.Of accepting Love and in turn celebrating Life.But ha.... man and woman instead ,create barricades as possible, to ruin the pleasure of this gift we receive when we land here.We create pain, injury to our minds,souls and bodies.We create nuclear bombs and spread fear and tension.We mock Life and challenge Nature.And then wait for the results expecting blue skies all over me, nothing but blue skies can I see..... courtesy of Willie.

and I think that people don’t want
to understand that when you marry,
maybe not today, but 30 years ago,
when you married a man, you
became his world, he wouldn’t
automatically take on your world.
So consequently
he was the New Yorker.
I was invited where he was invited.

I think that’s why I feel that I’m good
at what I do.
I
care about running houses.
I think there’s nothing better
than being a housewife.
I
love my house. I love entertaining.
I
love the kitchen.
I
love to put flowers. I love
the details of a house.





No comments: