Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Transparency & THE NEW YORK TIMES

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/08/opinion/what-happened-to-transparency.html?hp&rref=opinion

So much for the NYTIMES, everyone.

I came to the US,in 1976, through an invite arranged by GRAPHIS's publisher,who introduced me to Louis Silverstein,the Managing Editor for the NYTimes OP-ED.
Upon arrival, I was maligned by the OPED art director at the time, who was new to the newspaper,fresh from his job at SCREW magazine.
My career was paralyzed,I could hardly make a living, which I always depended on since my youth,as I was the breadwinner,and had already achieved international recognition,by the time I arrived here.
Notwithstanding,I had also gained success through my drawings for the title sequence of the telenovela O REBU,for TV GLOBO.

I was 24 years old,and the first woman to create drawings for TV.http://videolog.tv/950211

And before that working for the press and published since I was 10 years old.


Although I was assigned a number of drawings for the NYTimes, there was pressure to sideline me,despite letters of support by Mr.Louis Silverstein, Robert Hughes,Art Critic for TIME Magazine, Herb Lubalin,Milton Glaser.

I surely could write a horror book for the hardship I endure since and still battling to reverse the unjust fate,that overwhelmed my life.

SO, HERE, I AM ASKING THE SAME QUESTION, THAT THE NYTIMES is
making in the quest for transparency.

The NYTiMES EXECUTIVE EDITORS DO NOT RESPOND TO MY CALLS.

I sincerely believe that the defamation can be reversed,despite so many years accrued.
Marguerita Bornstein

No comments: