Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Viva Obama: Together,Yes We Can!

drawing/ watercolor by marguerita
What a wonderful moment in all of our lives on this Earth. I feel on my skin and happy to witness the barrier of unjust prejudice of all kinds to finally face the inevitable.Being the daughter of Holocaust survivors,born in one country growing up in another ,from uprooted wonderful human beings,who were able to instill in me perseverance,hope and a conscience for social awareness,to believe in mankind even after the most horrible experience both my parents endured,both taught me that Life is about feelings,emotions,colors and hope. I myself, upon coming to America,as a self made person, recognized for my talent, internationally,only to be maligned and silenced by an evil character in New York City, causing me to be sidelined and hurt.
I am in tears and hopeful,that the corrupt vision that had permeated through and destroying America,in every level and aspect, for years and years,has reached its end. This part of the world was already centuries ago, a beacon of light. Kings .queens and thinkers trusted their inner beliefs that from here , there would be a source of spiritual energy to allow us all, to share the air,waters and Beauty of Existence.
With passion.
I can only paraphrase what I heard years ago from my dear principal in Brazil, Dona Soledade Santos,who for many years later in my life wrote to me: "Nao sejas pusilanime nas agruras da vida e nem exaltado nos momentos de prazer".Manter o equilibrio e saber viver.Nao se empolgue,pois, com os sucessos.Nao se abata, tambem, com criticas e insucessos. Tudo passa.Procure ser estavel.Voce assim, encontrara na vida, a verdadeira razao de ser. A vida e um eterno caminhar. Caminhe,caminhe,caminhe.minha filha. O que tera de ser seu,vira ao seu encontro.
"

The election of Mr. Obama amounted to a national catharsis — a repudiation of a historically unpopular Republican president and his economic and foreign policies, and an embrace of Mr. Obama’s call for a change in the direction and the tone of the country. But it was just as much a strikingly symbolic moment in the evolution of the nation’s fraught racial history, a breakthrough that would have seemed unthinkable just two years ago.The New York Times - Breaking News, World News & Multimedia

No comments: